Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Due to the current situation relating to the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, we would like to reassure all our exhibitors, visitors, speakers and partners that we are closely monitoring the situation and, in cooperation with our venues, have made the decision to postpone the Prep Schools Conference to 25th November.
We appreciate the ongoing support we receive from our stakeholders and remain focused on delivering an important and timely event that supports our community. We will be taking all sensible steps to ensure Prep Schools Conference proceeds safely and successfully.
The health and safety of our employees, delegates, speakers and exhibitors is of paramount importance, and we will continue to monitor all developments on a daily basis, including any new advice and instructions set out by government agencies and the relevant health authorities.
Please visit https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public for more information about the virus and how to protect yourself.
Please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#number-of-cases for updates and individual travel advice.
As a precaution we are introducing new measures to increase the safety of all our event attendees.
What extra steps are we taking?
- Hand sanitisers will now be provided at the registration desk at the events, in addition to hand sanitation already installed in all toilets and washrooms.
- There will be extra signage around the event to promote high hygiene standards.
- We are increasing the frequency in which our sanitary facilities are disinfected.
- We kindly ask you not to attend our events if you have recently travelled to any of the following countries and have returned to the UK less than 14 days ago: Italy, Iran, mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, or Macau, in accordance with the government’s advice for returning travellers.
- We will continue to observe the situation and should government advice change, or any additional precautions be advisable, we will react immediately and ensure this is communicated to all attendees and exhibitors.
What extra steps can you take?
Visitors and speakers:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue. Please discard the tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- If you have mild respiratory symptoms and no recent travel history to affected areas, please practice basic respiratory and hand hygiene and, if necessary, stay at home until you have recovered.
- Physical contact has been shown to aid the transmission of Coronavirus. Several of our clients have issued “handshake bans” within their organisations. Please do not be offended if somebody refuses to shake hands with you – they are taking sensible precautions and are likely to be following their own corporate guidelines.
- Check if you need medical help by calling the NHS 111 online Coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Exhibitors, we also encourage you to take these common-sense precautions on your stands:
- Make sure tissues and hand sanitisers are available for your staff.
- Ensure any staff members with any cold symptoms do not attend the event.
- Keep all food areas very clean and tidy – make sure staff wash their hands before picking up any food items (e.g. buffet sandwich platter).
- Please don’t offer unwrapped sweets or snacks on your stand.
Also please remember, exposure to Coronavirus has nothing to do with what you look like—the only important factor is whether or not you were in an affected area. All visitors, exhibitors and contractors must be treated with respect.
Let’s make sure that the Prep Schools Conference is safe, enjoyable, and productive. Thank you for your understanding as we tackle this unexpected obstacle together, and we look forward to seeing you on 25th November 2020.